Yesterday your voice was heard.
The passage of San Francisco's ballot initiatives were part of an overall approach to maintain San Francisco as a world class City by improving our community colleges, revitalizing our parks, providing affordable housing, reforming our antiquated tax structure to support job creation and protecting our region's clean water. Thanks to all of you we moved an agenda that enhances our beloved City.
Over the last few weeks sf.citi has been encouraging you to Vote Yes on E and last night the measure passed 71 to 29, exceeding all of our expectations. San Francisco will no longer tax companies for creating jobs.
In addition to Measure E all of the ballot measures that sf.citi recommended passed and Proposition F was defeated!
- PROP A: City College of San Francisco Parcel Tax PASSED
- PROP B: San Francisco "Clean and Safe Neighborhood Parks" bond proposition PASSED
- PROP C: San Francisco Creation of a Housing Trust Fund PASSED
- PROP D: San Francisco Consolidation of Odd-Year Municipal Elections PASSED
- PROP E: San Francisco Gross Receipts Tax on Businesses PASSED
- PROP F: San Francisco Water Sustainability and Environmental Restoration/Hetch Hetchy Reservoir DEFEATED
sf.citi looks forward to continuing to leverage the collective power of the tech sector as a force for civic action in San Francisco.